As advanced health testing is a fast-moving, global industry, it can take time for practitioners, particularly recent graduates, to know and remember its key providers, products and people.
This series of articles provides quick overviews of our partners - who are widely recognised as the world's leading advanced health test laboratories.
In this article, we provide an overview of Doctor’s Data, summarising who they are, what they specialise in, their key lab processes, and the most popular advanced tests.
Regenerus Labs is an official distributor of Doctor's Data's advanced health tests for UK, EU and UAE healthcare practitioners.
Who are Doctor’s Data?
Doctor’s Data is an advanced health testing laboratory specialising in:
- essential and toxic elemental health
- nutritional deficiencies
- gastrointestinal function
- hormone status
- cardiovascular risk
- liver metabolic abnormalities
Doctor’s Data are based in Chicago, Illinois, and were established in 1972.
How are Doctor’s Data a leading advanced health testing laboratory?
Doctor's Data is a leading advanced health testing lab in Chicago, Illinois. Established in 1972, they use and innovate the latest lab instrumentation and methodologies. Just some of its cutting-edge equipment include:
- dynamic reaction cell inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (DRC-ICP/MS)
- DNA amplification assays
- automated identification and antimicrobial sensitivity instruments
Accurate, reliable and consistent results
Doctor’s Data ensure this by:
- keeping a rigorously clean facility
- contamination is highly controlled
- rigorous quality control
Doctor’s Data ensure quality control by monitoring their tests’ precision, accuracy and detection limits.
- data review is performed on every quality control sample and every patient result to ensure that all quality criteria are met and that critical values are checked.
- samples are sent to other laboratories to compare results
Qualifications and licenses
The CLIA federally licenses doctor’s Data with appropriate state certifications and licenses. They participate in quality assurance and proficiency testing programs, including those offered by:
- the College of American Pathology (CAP)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- New York State Department of Health
- Le Centre de Toxicologie du Quebec
What clinical research has Doctor’s Data been involved in? Doctor’s Data has co-participated in research with a host of globally recognised institutions, including:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory
- John Hopkins Hospital
- European Commission Joint Research Centre
- United States Navy
- California Criminal Justice System
- Oklahoma Department of Health and Human Services
- University of California
Areas of clinical research interests?
Doctor’s Data’s research focus is to bring greater awareness of the role of essential and toxic elements in health. They have been actively involved in studies dealing with subjects such as:
- the intellectual and neurological development of children
- the adverse effects of toxic waste and heavy industrialisation on hypertension and cardiovascular disease
- zinc deficiency and suppression of growth in humans
Doctor’s Data’s flagship tests:
The GI360: The GI360 is a leading stool test that detects and assesses the status of pathogens, viruses, parasites and bacteria that may be causing acute or chronic gastrointestinal symptoms and disease.
Hormone & Urinary Metabolites Assessment Profile: The Hormone and Urinary Metabolites Assessment Profile provides a comprehensive overview of steroid hormones, their metabolites, and the efficiency of the enzymes that metabolise these hormones.
Hair Toxic and Essential Elements: Hair is essentially an excretory tissue rather than a functional tissue. Therefore, hair analysis provides important data that can be used in conjunction with symptoms and other laboratory values. It is an inexpensive and valuable screen for physiological excess, deficiency or maldistribution of elements.