In this conversation between Angela Heap and Laura Stirling, we bust the myth that fertility is just a female thing and cover a range of topics around men's fertility.
- Why sperm levels have gone down to 60% since 1973.
- What Angela finds is most often associated with poor sperm health.
- How lifestyle factors - including heat, micro-shorts, chemicals and technology - are impacting men's fertility.
- Why Angela believes it is just as important for men to get regular testing if they are planning on starting a family.
- The impact of prolactin in men.
- The top 5 nutrients that Angela uses to support men's health in her clinical practice.
About the speaker
Angela is a Nutritionist with 13 years’ experience in fertility and pregnancy. She runs a successful London based clinic and works internationally with clients and manages a team of 3 Nutritionists and Admin support. As well as running her own clinic Angela lectures to degree level on Fertility and Pregnancy for the British College of Nutritional Health, The British Association or Nutritional Therapists ( BANT) and The College of Naturopathic Medicine where she studied in 2005 and now trains Nutritional Therapists on how to use functional tests. Angela also collaborates regularly with a UK Based genetic testing company LifecodeGX and has lectured on female health and genes incorporating Dutch testing. Angela recently took part and lectured to peers in the Fertilty Masterclass which represented an in depth look into fertility for practitioners. She also represents labs in the UK on fertility on a regular basis.