Get a comprehensive overview of histamine intolerance from IFM Practitioner, Caroline Sherlock.
From this podcast you will learn:
- why Caroline specialised in histamine intolerance
- what a histamine is
- what the symptoms of histamine intolerance are
- how a negative lifestyle and stress impacts histamine intolerance
- what functional tests Caroline uses to help identify if histamine intolerance is causing a problem
- How Caroline manages a flare up, including the foods that can trigger a response and the supplements that may be useful.
About the speaker, Caroline Sherlock, BA(ss), Dip ION, IFMCP, MBANT, CNHC Registered
In 2005, Caroline Sherlock graduated, with distinction, as Nutritional Therapist from the well-known Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION). Caroline has been in private practice ever since and returned to ION as a tutor, lecturer and assessment marker for 10 years, working with the next generation of Nutritional Therapists. She has also held several voluntary roles with The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT), including arranging meetings and conferences enabling Nutritional Therapists to network and learn from attending speakers.
In 2015 Caroline furthered her education and spent time in the USA studying with the Institute for Functional Medicine. In 2017, after a rigorous clinical case study assessment and exam, she passed with flying colours. At that time, she became one of only 17 UK based IFM Certified Practitioners.